Paradise Lost: Essay Topics That’ll Earn You A+ Hands-Down Essay writing forms part of the compulsory academic work in colleges or universities. Essays are fun and challenging in equal measure since the papers entail in-depth research and analysis to achieve…
Literary Essay Topics
Literary Essay Topics – Pick a Winning Idea Here
Do you need to compose a literary essay quickly? Here is a list of interesting essays on literary topics our writers have prepared to inform quick topic selection.
Read on to find the trending, fresh ideas for your literary essay together with some writing tips to help you cope with the assignment quicker.
How to Select Literary Essay Topics?
Topic selection is the most crucial initial step of the literary essay completion task as it determines your focus and specialization in the following stages.
When stipulating a topic, you look for signposts and specific data when reading the literary piece and its academic reviews. Thus, you save the essential time and process only the information relevant to your topic.
Here is a simple guide on quick, efficient topic selection:
- Think of the literary work’s central message and takeaway. If you described the work in one sentence, what would you include in it?
- Think of what surprised or touched you the most. It may be not the central plot, but some secondary character or some scene. Starting from here, you can generalize that concept and make it a topic of your work.
- Read through academic reviews of your assigned literature work. Experts may have noticed something you skipped during reading.
10 Literary Analysis Essay Topics
- The concept of misogyny is explored in Hamlet.
- The recurring theme of mortality in Shakespeare’s plays.
- A unique approach to Holocaust chronicles in Elie Wiesel’s Night.
- The influence of Plato’s works on modern literature.
- Poetry vs. prose analysis techniques.
- Analyzing Oscar Wilde’s works through the prism of aestheticism.
- Harold Bloom and the American pragmatism.
- The emerging trend of eco-criticism.
- How well do the philosophical theories fit into literary analysis?
- Reader-response criticism to The Scarlett Letter.
10 Literary Theory Essay Topics
- African American studies in the literary theory.
- How does literary theory inform postmodern literature?
- Why is Catcher in the Rye considered American classics?
- The popularity of anti-utopian literature works.
- Contemporary approaches to traditional literary criticism.
- How does cultural materialism fit into the modern literary theory?
- Gender studies and queer theory in literature.
- Culture in literature: analyzing cultural diversity in literary works.
- Is post-colonial literary analysis alive?
- What is formalism in literary analysis?
10 Literary Essay Topics on Romeo and Juliet
- The themes of fate and love in Romeo and Juliet.
- Does Romeo and Juliet inform the modern discussion of racial or sectarian hatred?
- The metaphor of darkness and light in Romeo and Juliet.
- How does Shakespeare approach the subject of time in Romeo and Juliet?
- The never-ending power of love.
- Romeo and Juliet as a love story; departure from tragedy.
- The power of choice in Romeo and Juliet.
- Who is the most tragic character in the play?
- The deaths of Romeo and Juliet were avoidable.
- The role of secondary characters in Romeo and Juliet.
10 Literary Essay Topics: Ideas for Any Case
- Diverse aspects of human nature are exposed in Catcher in the Rye.
- New approaches to gender and queer studies through literary analysis.
- The concept of freedom in Miller’s The Crucible.
- Humor and sarcasm in the works of Mark Twain.
- The universal value of justice in To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Racism and sexism in The Color Purple.
- Taking a new look at wealth and social position in Pride and Prejudice.
- Lord of the Flies: the far-reaching consequences of conformism.
- Greed, money, and literature – analyzing The Rocking Horse Winner.
- Approaching Native American life through the prism of music – Reservation Blues analysis.
Need an Interesting Argumentative Essay on Literary Topics? Easy!
Suppose you need an argumentative essay on the subject of some literary work but don’t have time or desire to engage in literary analysis. In that case, we have a good solution for you. By turning to our experts, you guarantee yourself some precious free time and an ability to relax while at the same time not undermining your grades.
You can take a day off and have fun while our paper writers conduct research and compose a top-notch literary analysis essay for you. Study smarter, not harder – everything is possible if you have a dedicated professional helper like us at your service.