Writing Chapter Four Dissertation: Tips and Tricks
‘Help me write chapter 4 of my dissertation’ this is one of the most common requests we get from our clients. The reason why a lot of students face challenges when writing chapter four of their dissertation is the fact that most of them have no clue about what to include in this chapter.
The first thing you need to know is what is included in this chapter. Chapter four mainly includes the introduction and findings and results. Once you know which items to include in chapter four, the next thing you need to do is to know what to include in each section.
The introduction section should remind the reader what your research is about. If it is a qualitative study, you will need to restate your research questions. On the other hand, if it is a quantitative research, you will need to include the research hypothesis.
How you write the results and findings sections is determined by the type of research you are doing. If it is a quantitative research, the information reported is known as results, Results are listed separately and explained in a separate paragraph known as the ‘discussion’ paragraph. However, if you are doing a qualitative research, the information you present is known as findings. Findings are the themes that emerge from the analysis you have made in your research. Make sure you know the difference between qualitative and quantitative research so that you do not mess up when presenting the information you have gathered from your research.
Steps for Writing a Methodology Chapter in a Dissertation
Writing a methodology chapter in a dissertation is as challenging as writing a dissertation introduction chapter. However, with the right approach, it is possible to write a great methodology chapter for your dissertation paper. There are a number of things you can do to improve your methodology chapter. These include:
- Justifying Your Approach: It is important to explain to the reader why you chose to use your approaches. This is important because it justifies the validity of your approach. However, do not provide an explanation as to why you did not use the other possible approaches in carrying out your research.
- Provide enough detail: The purpose of your methodology chapter is to provide the reader with enough insight into your approach. You should provide enough information such that if anyone tries to replicate your study, they can do so with ease.
- Pay Close Attention to Your Research Steps: You methodology should include every step you took during your research. Therefore, it might be a good idea to list down every step you take so that you do not forget when writing down your research.
- Use reported speech: Since you will be writing something that has already been done, it is important to use the reported speech when writing your report. This will make it sound more professional and will make it easier to understand.
- Ethics: If your research includes human subjects, it is important to explain the steps you took to ensure every participant was safe and unharmed throughout your research.
- Discuss Limitations: You should also discuss some of the challenges you experienced while carrying out the research. This is very important because it makes it possible for other researchers to prepare for the limitations when they decide to repeat your study.
How to Write a Chapter Outline for Dissertation in an Organized Manner
Although it seems like the simplest part of a dissertation to write, many people struggle with writing an outline for their dissertation. This is because a lot of people believe they have to write their outline in a specific style. When it comes to writing a chapter online, the rules are not set in stone. You can be a bit creative to make your work more organized and neat. One of the simplest tips you can use to write a great chapter outline is to organize it the way you intend to present your chapters. For instance, if the first chapter contains the introduction paragraph, simply list it as it is. The format of your outline should be linear with each chapter providing details about what the reader should expect to find in each chapter. You might also find it easier to update your chapter outline as you continue writing your dissertation. For every chapter you complete, include it in your outline and list every subtopic it contains. Just practice and you will realize that writing an outline is very easy.
How to Write a Dissertation Introduction Chapter like a Pro
The introduction chapter is probably the most important chapter in your dissertation. This is the chapter that gives the reader a clear understanding of what your dissertation is about and what kind of information they will gather once they are done reading your research. Therefore, you need to spend a lot of time on this section to ensure it is perfect. Your introductory paragraph ought to contain a brief explanation of your research and it should also contain your thesis statement. Always ensure your thesis statement is at the end of the paragraph and not the beginning. Also, use very interesting phrases and questions to make the reader even more interested in your work. It is advisable to work on your dissertation when you are done writing all the other sections of your paper. This is important because it allows you to spend as much time as possible on the section without worrying about the others.
If you do not know how to write a dissertation chapter, we can help. We have a team of competent writers who will help you write an impressive dissertation that will boost your grade. Call us now.